There’s nothing like savory filling to finish a particular meal, proper? It is an important aspect dish for a vacation meal, Sunday evening dinner, or potluck. It is easy to make a totally plant-based baked stuffing (or topping) recipe, like this vegan blueberry cornbread stuffing. My all-time favourite stuffing recipe is a wealthy and flavorful cornbread stuffing, identical to my mother would make. That is why this wealthy, tasty and wholesome cranberry cornbread filling brings out the scrumptious flavors of home made cornbread, rustic complete wheat bread, leeks, mushrooms, rosemary, walnuts and cranberries. Serve it with me Lentil Empanadas with Mushroom Sauce to make it an superior meal!
Rising up in Arkansas, my mom’s household loved cornbread as a each day accompaniment to their meals, contemplating corn was the principle grain they grew on their farm. She at all times made a batch of cornbread the day earlier than, then sliced it into her cornbread filling and blended it with sautéed onions and celery and an fragrant broth. I drew on my mom’s household traditions and added a few of my very own touches to this positively scrumptious recipe: rosemary from my backyard, tart cranberries, leeks, mushrooms, and walnuts. This recipe continues to ship outcomes as it’s scrumptious the subsequent day too!
check out me Instagram video to discover ways to make this recipe.
This straightforward, vegan Blueberry Cornbread Stuffing is wealthy with flavors of cornbread, leeks, mushrooms, celery, cranberries, rosemary, and walnuts. Good meals for the vacations, or a easy home made nation dinner at dwelling.
- Make a batch (9×9 inches) vegan cornbread in response to bundle or recipe directions. When the cornbread is prepared, put aside and funky barely.
- Whereas the cornbread is baking, place the entire wheat bread on a baking sheet within the oven and toast till golden brown and dry (about 8 minutes); Don’t burn your self.
- Warmth olive oil in a huge pan and add the leek, garlic and celery, sautéing for 9 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, rosemary, cranberries, walnuts and black pepper and sauté for 4 extra minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Minimize 3/4 of the batch of cornbread into small cubes (about 1 inch sq.). Use the remaining cornbread to get pleasure from for different makes use of (serve with soup or chili).
- Minimize complete wheat toast into small cubes (about 1 inch sq.).
- Switch the cornbread and complete wheat cubes to a big mixing bowl. Add the sautéed vegetable combination and stir gently.
- Add the vegetable broth, 1/2 cup at a time, whereas stirring gently. Add sufficient broth to make a moist (however not soggy) combination, with all of the liquid absorbed. Style and season with salt, if desired.
- Spray a big (3-quart) casserole dish or baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and switch filling to plate.
- Place within the oven and bake uncovered for half-hour.
- Take away from the oven and serve instantly.
*If utilizing cornbread combine, comply with instructions however use plant-based milk and an egg substitute to make this recipe vegan.
To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free bread and cornbread.
- Preparation time: half-hour
- Time to prepare dinner: 45 minutes
- Class: Garrison
- Kitchen: American
- Portion dimension: 1 serving
- Energy: 205
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Sodium: 224mg
- Fats: 11 grams
- Saturated fats: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 25 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
Key phrases: cornbread filling, cornbread filling recipe
For different plant-based aspect dishes, try a few of my favorites:
Vegan Broccoli and Walnut Gratin
Oatmeal and blueberry pilaf with pistachios
Balsamic Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Farro
Straightforward Skillet White Beans and Scalloped Potatoes
Quinoa Risotto with Kale and Pistachios