This blueberry ninja creami recipe is made with juicy wild blueberries, SunButter, vegan protein powder, and dairy-free yogurt for a summery candy wholesome ice cream deal with prepared in minutes!
SPONSORED BY SUNBUTTER
My love (learn: obsession) for the ninja creami continues to deepen, so I believed it was time for a fruity taste made with a complete bunch of my favourite substances concerned. The obvious fave is the supply of that lovely purple hue and my favourite berry: blueberries (however you would make this recipe with another berry too!) Then plop in a giant scoop of dairy-free yogurt, one other present obsession of mine, for a cheesecake-ish tang and low-key froyo vibe. Subsequent comes the creamy key ingredient and my favourite seed butter spoonful: SunButter. And eventually an (optionally available!) increase of protein out of your favourite unflavored or vanilla protein powder, which takes this recipe from only a dessert to good post-workout snack territory too. It’s one heck of a power-packed purple pint.
How To Make Blueberry Protein Ice Cream
This recipe is SIMPLE, don’t get me incorrect the hassle requirement may be very very minimal right here. However…there’s a little teensy little bit of cooking concerned…don’t be mad at me! As a result of blueberries are a fruit, and fruits comprise water, and when you simply mix recent blueberries into the ice cream base there will probably be plenty of extra water in there too that might result in ice crystals. And we don’t need that. We don’t even need to threat that, so cooking down the berries first for ten-ish minutes is a obligatory step for the creamiest creami. I promise the time will fly proper by although!
Dairy-Free Ninja Creami Components
- Blueberries. Contemporary or frozen, since we will probably be cooking them you don’t even should defrost. I used frozen wild blueberries, that are small and tremendous vibrant which I liked in right here.
- Liquid sweetener. Or I suppose a granulated sweetener would even be high-quality, no matter you like. I personally used agave. This will probably be cooked down with the berries to create virtually a compote form of concoction.
- Milk. Okay the cooking half is over! Now on to the mixing substances, and milk is first up. I personally go for cashew milk for all my creamy creations because it’s a bit creamier than virtually milk however not as creamy as coconut. I’m not the most important oat milk gal, however oat milk could be good right here too. Simply take note thicker milk = richer ice cream. So the next fats and even barista mix milk will probably be higher than a watery almond milk.
- Coconut yogurt. For those who can’t do coconut, one other form of non-dairy yogurt will probably be high-quality. However the richness of coconut yogurt is superior right here. Plain or unsweetened ideally.
- Pure SunButter. The additional creaminess that SunButter provides to this mix is why we don’t have to make use of canned coconut milk or an excellent excessive fats milk like that. Nevertheless it additionally provides SO MUCH taste in virtually a blueberry pie or blueberry cookie form of approach. Delish addition! Pure SunButter is my favourite and go-to however any of the creamy varieties will probably be high-quality.
- Protein powder. Unsweetened or vanilla, no matter selection or model you like. I wish to go so simple as attainable in relation to protein, so this one ingredient choice has been my favourite these days. For those who aren’t vegan, your protein powder actually doesn’t should be both.
- Vanilla and salt. Elective, however by no means hurts.
Blueberry Protein Ice Cream Step-By-Step
- Mix the berries and sweetener in a small saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes. Will probably be a thick jammy consistency at this level. Let it cool when you measure out the remaining.
- Add all the things else to a blender, then the berries (plus all their candy juice!) and mix all of it up. It needs to be very clean and comparatively thick and superbly purple.
- Pour right into a ninja creami container and freeze in a single day (or no less than 8 hours, typically I make it early within the a.m. and eat after dinner).
- Mix within the creami, that is how I do it: one time on “mild ice cream” → add a splash of milk → one time on “re-spin” → if it’s nonetheless powder add a splash extra milk and “re-spin” once more (normally not obligatory however simply in case) → add your mix-ins and course of on the “mix-in” setting.
- Seize a spoon and EAT!
There are many yummy methods you would go along with the mix-ins right here, a number of concepts: extra recent blueberries, blueberry jam, freeze dried blueberries, white chocolate chips, darkish chocolate chips, crush graham crackers or cookies, cereal, granola, and many others…
Extra Blueberry Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 cup recent or frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of alternative (I used agave)
- 1 cup (240g) cashew milk (or non-dairy milk of alternative, the thicker the higher)
- 1/3 cup (80g) coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp Pure Sunbutter
- 1 scoop protein powder of alternative (I used this one)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix blueberries and agave in a small saucepan. Convey to a boil, cut back to a simmer, simmer 8-10 minutes till thickened.
- Mix the blueberries with the remainder of the substances till clean and creamy.
- Pour right into a Ninja Creami container and freeze in a single day.
- Course of on the “mild ice cream” setting, it will likely be powdery at this level.
- Add a splash of milk, and “re-spin”.
- Add mix-ins of alternative, and course of on the “mix-in” setting. Take pleasure in!
Key phrases: dairy free, summer time, berry, protein, wholesome, snack, dessert, protein powder, protein shake